Now that it’s almost a full week behind us, I’ve asked Beaconfire’s NTC attendees to reflect on some of their favorite moments at NTC.
What was your favorite Session?
- Marissa , Jeff: Browser Automation, FTW!
- Cara: Innovations in Social Media.
- Michael: Without a doubt it was the Science Fair. Don’t get me wrong, there were great sessions this year. Yet, there was a quality in the energy of the Science Fair that took me back to 2000…that feeling that “something’s happening here,” things are breaking, new stuff is on the horizon.
What was your best piece of Swag?
- Jeff, Marissa: The Freerange Tee-shirt. Marissa loves it because it is the perfect color orange for her upcoming MS Walk in DC.
- Cara: Instead of swag, a glass of Champagne.
- Michael: I bypassed all the swag this year. Reducing my carbon footprint and all that jazz.
- Lynn: Champagne and Strawberries
What was the biggest bummer?
- Jeff: No food at the after the Coca Cola party, particularly since I missed dinner.
- Cara: The after party felt like it never got off the ground – or maybe I just left too early
- Marissa: Not being able to see/hear the session on Online Training.
- Michael: Closing reception on Saturday night.
- Lynn: That I had to leave Friday night.
What was the best surprise?
- Marissa: After giving up on the Online Training session, finding the Browser Automation session.
- Cara: Running into past colleagues and clients I wasn’t expecting to see, it amazes me how much the conference has grown.
- Michael: Going to the Salsa fest and catching up with so many colleagues I wasn’t expecting to have time with.
- Lynn: That we had over 1,400 registrants at the conference this year.
What was your favorite one line?
- Marissa: Open source is free. Free as in puppies (Said by Chris Lundberg in the session on the Future of Online Organizing)
- Michael: Squirrel – The Real Housewives of Social Media.
What was the best meal you had?
- Jeff, Marissa, and Cara: The meal they had at Six Feet Under was the best. Marissa and Cara reveled in their fish tacos, and Jeff, the blackened Catfish.
- Michael: A chili dog at the Atlanta airport.
- Lynn: Roast pork at The Woodfire Grill.
It’s unanimous – Polar Bears!
- Marissa : Being made uncomfortable by a large polar bear.
- Jeff: The crazy coke bear that was oddly creepy.
- Michael: How 12 people, after being hugged by a massive Coca Cola polar bear, all shared a similar thought: Hmm, polar bears smell a lot like a high school boys locker room when you get up close.