Posted Monday, July 14th, 2008 at 4:16 pm by Elizabeth (27 posts)
Beaconfire’s own Michael Cervino and Steve MacLaughlin, Director of Internet Solutions for Blackbaud, led a highly interactive pre-conference tutorial session this morning at AMA’s nonprofit marketing conference in Washington, DC. More than 20 participants from a variety of nonprofit organizations benefited from Beaconfire’s and Blackbaud’s combined expertise in creating integrated marketing campaigns that produce results that shine.
The session focused on integrating online efforts into organizations’ overall fundraising and advocacy programs. The hottest topics of discussion included:
- Creating a strategy for the use of social networking tools
- Integrating data across multiple platforms and software packages
- Setting priorities with limited staff and budgets
- Convincing stakeholders to embrace new technologies appropriately
- Differentiating between “trendy” and a trend
- Focusing on doing one or two things well
- Learning how to say no to diversions
Download the session slides: One to One Marketing presentation (PDF).