Front End Web Developer
This job opening has been filled.
To see current job openings at Beaconfire, please see our Careers page.
- Strong skills in hand coding interfaces with semantic HTML and CSS (should be well versed in HTML5 and CSS3)
- Mastery of cross-browser HTML and CSS tips and tricks (yes we mean Interface Engineering)
- Experience implementing and customizing the JQuery library in interfaces
- Experience coding CMS templates
- Ability to follow coding and layout standards established by the programming team or by the client
- Ability to perform cross-browser testing, including mobile handheld and tablet devices
- Experience generating HTML that renders reliably in email clients
- Ability to work in a small, dynamic team on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Strong attention to detail and high quality code
- Proactive communicator who can collaborate with other team-members to ensure successful completion of shared tasks
- The desire and ability to learn new skills quickly
- Self-starter who can work independently without a lot of supervision
Additional Skills Desired
- Experience with WordPress theming or custom development
- Experience with third party APIs such as Google Maps, Facebook, Twitter, and/or Convio
- Experience working with the following content management systems: eZ Publish, Sitecore, RedDot, and/or Drupal
- Knowledge of Convio Luminate
- Experience working in a consulting environment on matrixed teams
Beaconfire helps nonprofit organizations that serve good causes accomplish great things on the Internet. We design and build websites and craft online campaigns that make people care - and act.
Our clients include leading organizations such as Feeding America, The Nature Conservancy, American Diabetes Association, American Legacy Foundation and the Ad Council.
Beaconfire is a small, privately-held company made up of smart, curious, and creative people who want to serve the nonprofit community and live fulfilled personal lives while we do it. We are technologists, strategists, and marketers who like to collaborate, innovate, and help our clients achieve measurable results through informed, objective, innovative uses of technology. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a culture focused on work-life balance. And, if you ask our staff what they like best about working at Beaconfire, they'll tell you it's the smart, fun and nice PEOPLE! Go ahead, ask...
Why Work at Beaconfire?
Beaconfire offers a competitive salary plus excellent benefits: health, dental and vision; 401k w/ match; professional development budget, work/life balance; profit sharing; bonus plan; casual work environment; monthly events; and more. Most importantly, Beaconfire offers you the opportunity to work with some of the leading nonprofit organizations in the country; you WILL be making a difference!