Contractor: Creative Designer
Beaconfire Consulting seeks independent contractors to be part of the Beaconfire marketing team to develop campaign concepts and execute create designs, banners, and mini-sites for fundraising, advocacy, or email marketing campaigns on behalf of progressive nonprofit organizations and social enterprises.
The creative designer contractor provides hands-on design skills in the creation and implementation of Web site design elements, banner advertising, and other campaign-based creative design. The contractor must have deep experience in all phases of the creative process, from developing creative themes through visual concepts. Additional opportunity exists to work on other creative and Web design projects that are not campaign related.
Beaconfire seeks contractors who have the following characteristics and skills:
- Interest in collaboration and teamwork on developing campaign-centric creative concepts and designs
- Flexible work hours and availability for fast turnaround of tasks
- Responsive to and welcoming of input and edits from the creative team and the client
- Strict adherence to creative specifications from client or 3rd party vendor documentation
- Strong commitment to quality work and error-free delivery of designs
- Expertise in developing Web based and campaign focused creative designs and mini sites
- Demonstrated experience in creating Ad banner creative concepts including campaign themes and specific messages
- Expertise in creating animated ad banner images in .gif or Flash format
- Expertise in optimizing and manipulating images
- Ability to deliver fully functional, production quality HTML, animated images or flash work
- Adobe Photoshop
Additionally, ideal candidates may have:
- Strong understanding of Web usability best practices
- Familiarity with Web Accessibility standards
- Ability to clearly communicate design theories/themes to client/creative lead
- Experience with or exposure to nonprofit organizations
- Proximity to Beaconfire's northern Virginia offices (a plus, but not required)
Send a cover letter describing why you believe you would be a good fit for this role along with your resume and compensation requirements to
This is a contract opportunity. Location US, Nationwide.